Sunday 10 December 2006

Furl

Thanks to philb who kindly left a comment on my last post recommending Furl .

Furl describes itself as a personal web file and allows you to archive individual web pages, tag them and search your archive. It is similar to del.icio.us in that you download a link to your toolbar and then click to add pages to your Furl archive or "Furl It". I'm not sure if they are meant to be complementary or competitors but I think I'll be using them together to keep a comprehensive file of my web use. del.icio.us allows me to bookmark sites that I find useful and tag them, see how my tags compare to others and see what other users have bookmarked in a similar field. Furl allows me to finally get rid of those saved posts on my Bloglines and to stop printing out or saving individual articles that I may want to read in the future. I think it will be a really good way of keeping a list of articles I have read - may be able to use this as proof of some professional reading for my CILIP certification. I'm also going to try saving details of books I have read or want to read by saving the entries from Amazon or library websites.

Once I've tried some of this out and archived some pages I'll post a link to my Furl archive so everyone can see how I've got on!

No comments:

My Blogroll