Tuesday 9 January 2007

PDAs and E-books in Wolverhampton school

In the middle of the Ten O'Clock News on the BBC tonight was an interesting story about the use of PDAs in a Wolverhampton school. I was especially caught by the comments about children reading e-books and using the PDA to link web content to their work. Having tried and failed to find a story on the BBC website I watched the report again on the online news (first time I've tried this, liked the fact that you can choose the particular report that you want) and spotted the logo of the scheme in the background. It's the Wolverhampton Learning2Go project and there is a report being published tomorrow about the results of the project so I'll include a link and further information tomorrow.

I'd also be interested to know whether Wolverhampton Libraries have had any requests for e-books from the students...

Update - I've found the Learning2Go blog which has some fascinating posts including podcasts and comments from the children. Definately worth a look, great project!

No comments:

My Blogroll